35. This ruler isn’t very long. She wants a ________ one.
A) long B) short C) shorter D) longer
36. Nowadays people usually get ________ information from TV, newspaper and the Internet.
A) quite a few B) a number of C) a lot of D) a pair of
37. ________ wonderful news report they wrote! All of us are proud of them.
A) What a B) What C) How a D) How
38. The reading room in our neighbourhood is ________ from 9 a.m. on weekdays.
A) open B) opens C) opened D) opening
39. Could you ______ me your dictionary? I want to find the meaning of this new word.
A) bring B) borrow C) lend D) keep
40. -- Would you like me to help you with the housework?
A) Yes, I’d like to. B) You’re welcome.
C) No, I’d like to walk in the garden. D) That’s very kind of you.
41. Tom is very ________ his new car, a wonderful Audi A8. his desire to have his own car has come true.
A) proud of B) good at C) interested in D) famous for
45. Go on a diet, ________ you will not grow overweight.
A) or B) but C) and D) so
46. Many Chinese workers ________ Libya soon after the civil war broke out.
A) had left B) left C) were leaving D) have left
47. This bakery ________ outdated bread to make new products in the past three years.
A) was using B) has used C) had used D) used
48. The World Bank has warned that rising food prices are pushing another thirty-four ________ people below poverty line.
A) million of B) millions of C) million D) millions
49. Ferries will reappear on the Huangpu River soon. Look, ________ excited children are when they hear the news!
A) what B) what an C) how D) what a
50. In my opinion, the harder you study, the better ________ you’ll get in your school work.
A) grades B) notes C) answers D) lessons
51. He took up a language course while staying in Paris last summer. The underlined part means ________.
A) began to carry B) began to learn C) began to select D) began to hold
52. – To make sure the food we eat every day is safe, the government should do more.
That sounds nice. B) That’s not true. C) I can’t agree more. D) You are welcome.
53. The bowl of fish smells ________. It has probably gone bad.
A) strange B) well C) nice D) terribly
54. You ________ worry about your study. We will help you if necessary.
A) don’t need B) needn’t C) needn’t to D) need to
55. Mary plans to take ________ presents to her friends in New York when she goes there at Christmas.
A) plenty of B) huge amounts of C) a great deal of D) an amount of
56. I really don’t know ________ your question.
A) which to do B) which to answer C) what to do D) how to answer
57. Mike failed in yesterday’s test. ________.
A) Either did John. B) So did John. C) Neither did John. D) So John did.
58. They formed an English study group last week. The underlined part means _______.
A) organized B) put up C) started D) built
59. It’s ________ pleasure for me to be invited to play the piano at eh concert.
A) a B) an C) the D)/
60. Linda doesn’t swim as ________ as Ken.
A) quick B) quickly C) quicker D) more quickly
61. We are told that the journalist ________ a speech on teenage problems next Monday.
A) makes B) will make C) is making D) has made
62. – Pollution in 2020 will probably be worse than today.
A) I don’t agree with you. Perhaps it’s nice news.
B) I’m sorry, but I think I want to be a volunteer.
C) Maybe you’re right, and you’ve done a wonderful job.
D) You may be right, but I think it wont’ be a problem then.
64. This film ticket is no longer ______.
A) available B) appreciate C) afford D) accurate
65. After the severe destruction, the houses in the earthquake-stricken area needed ______ as soon as possible.
A) rebuild B) rebuilt C) rebuilding D) to rebuild
解析：C。Need/want/require这三个词用主动形式表达被动概念，need doing sth
66. ______ interesting work it is to put up a wall newspaper!
A) How B) How an C) What D) What an
67. Do you know ______ the population of China ______?
A) what, is B) how much, is C) what’s, / D) how many is, /
68. – Mr. Brown, may I ask you some questions?
A) What is it B) Never mind. C) Please go ahead. D) Yes, you may.
Football fans like to enjoy ________ about the result of the football matches. (argue)
Nobody wants to make friends with him, because he is ________ (honest).
3. Even some police ________ were killed during the 2-hour fight. (chief)
4. The public got very angry when they knew ________ food was fed to children at school . (health)
5. The cat looked ________ at the fish in the bow. (hungry)
6.I don’t think Tom can swim ______ the river at this point. It’s too wide.(cross)
7. Dad said that if I made it clear why I ______ with him, he wouldn’t be angry. (agree)
8. ______ is a kind of good quality. (honest)
1. It’s fun to go skating on the real ice in winter. (感叹句)
________ ________ it is to go skating on the real ice in winter!
2. Johnson started too late to catch his train to Nanjing. (句意不变)
Johnson started ________ late that he ________ his train to Nanjing.
3. The government has made some plans to improve our world. (被动)
Some plans ________ ________ made to improve our world by the government.
4. The farmer asked the lady, “What will you visit this weekend?”
The farmer asked the lady what _____ _____ visit that weekend.
5. They decided that they wouldn’t have the picnic because of the bad weather. (简单句)
They decided ______ ______ have the picnic because of the bad weather.
7. There is little rain in our city in winter.（保持原句意思）
It ______ ______ in our city in winter.
9. These stamps are elder brother’s.
These stamps my elder brother.
10. The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it.
The box isn’t for me to carry.
11. The question is very difficult. No one can answer it.
The question is difficult answer
Key:too;for everyone to
She was so weak that she couldn’t take care of her baby. She was _________ weak _________ take care of her baby.
The film began 20 minutes ago. The film has been _________ _________ 20 minutes.
14.“Will you go home tomorrow?” the mother asked her son. (保持句意不变)
The mother asked her son ________ he ________go home the next day.
15. Mr. Smith wanted to know where he could get the information. (改成简单句)
Mr. Smith wanted to know ________ ________ get the information.
Tom had no time for breakfast. He went to school in a hurry. Tom _________ to school _________ breakfast.
The boy lent a story-book to Tom just now.Tom _________ a story-book _________ the boy just now.
18. How is the weather today?
__________ the weather ___________today?
19. Mrs. Smith prefers milk to coffee.
Mrs. Smith likes milk ___________ ___________ coffee.
20. The motorcycle is Mr. Clark’s.(96)
The motorcycle ___________ ___________ Mr. Clark.
21. Our foreign teacher will go back home tomorrow. We’ll say goodbye to him at the airport.(98)
Our foreign teacher will go back home tomorrow. We’ll __________ him _________at the airport.
22. Nobody else in his class can speak English as fluently as he. (01)
He _________ English _________ fluently in his class.
23. The recitation was kind of boring and I liked the cross talk better. (02)
The recitation was __ _ boring and I preferred the cross talk.
Key:a bit/a little
24. Sam's grandfather died 10 years ago. (02)
Sam's grandfather has been _ _ 10 years.
25. The boy asked his mother, “does water freeze at 0’C?”(03)
The boy asked his mother __________ water __________ at 0’C.
26. After a quick breakfast, Mary left in a hurry. (04)
After a quick breakfast, Mary _________.
27. Junior 3 students began to learn chemistry a year ago. （08）
Junior 3 students __________ learned chemistry __________ a year.
28The firemen stopped working when all the workers were saved. (保持原句意思) （金山）
The firemen ________ stop working ________ all the workers were saved.
29. We are going to say goodbye to him at the airport. (保持句意基本不变) （杨浦）
We are going to ________ him ________ at the airport.
30. Betty speaks French best in our school . (保持句意基本不变) （浦东）
________else speaks French as as Betty in our school.
31. It was eleven o’clock when he finished his homework last night.
He finish his homework it was eleven o’clock.
32.Be quick, or you can’t catch the bus. (保持句意基本不变)
you quick, you can’t catch the bus.
33.The box on the shelf is so heavy that the boy can’t carry it. (保持句意基本不变)
The box on the shelf isn’t _____________ _____________ for the boy to carry.
34. I was the only person who was invited to the party. (保持原句意思)
Nobody ___________ me ____________ invited to the party.
35. Yesterday my friend Charlie said sorry to me because he broke my glasses. (保持句意不变)
Yesterday my friend Charlie ________ to me ________ breaking my glasses.
37. The 30th Olympic Games were held in London in 2012. (保持句意基本不变)
The 30th Olympic Games ________ ________ in London in 2012.
38. Remember to say sorry to others if you do something wrong. (保持句意不变)
Remember to ________ ________ others if you do something wrong.
39. My daughter studies both singing and dancing in the kindergarten. (保持句意基本不变)
My daughter studies singing ________ ________ as dancing in the kindergarten.
40. Amy looks after the pets when her parents are away from home. （保持句意基本不变）
Amy the pets when her parents are away from home.
Key: cares for
41. We cannot predict the exact time and location of earthquake now. (保持句意基本不变)
________ ________, we cannot predict the exact time and location of earthquake.
42. To do this job well, you need time, and you also need brains. (保持句意基本不变)
To do this job well, you need time and brains _________ __________.
44. His brother bought a new bike a month ago.
His brother _______ _______ a new bike for a month.
1.I took one-third of the cake. The rest ______to my brother.
A. left B. was left C. were left D. had left
This grey laptop is as big as that red one.(保持原句意思)This grey laptop is the ______ ______ as the red one.
We held our school sports meeting in early March.(对划线部分提问)_________ _______ you hold your school sports meeting?
There is little snow in Shanghai in winter. (保持原句意思)It _________ _________ in Shanghai in winter.
I was successful in persuading (说服) him to change his mind(保持句意不变)I ________ _________ persuade him to change his mind.
We lay on the floor just for a rest. (改为一般疑问句)________you __________on the floor just for a rest?
In some states of America, children must stay in school until they are sixteen.(句意不变)In some states of America, children ________ __________ school until they are sixteen.
9.Tom almost lost his way last night.(保持原句意思)
Tom________ __________ find his way last night.
10.The runner failed to keep up with the others though he tried his best,(保持原句意思)
The runner ____ ____the others though he did what he could.
11.Mary bought the dress the day before yesterday (保持原句意思)
Mary ____ ____the dress for three days
12.Mary suggested solving the problem in a new way.(改为复合句)
Mary suggested ____ they ____solve the problem in a new way.
13.Linda didn't have supper and went to the concert in a hurry yesterday.(保持原句意思)
Linda ___to the concert_____supper yesterday.
14.Sam speaks French most fluently in our class.(保持原句意思)
____ ____ in our class can speak as fluently as Sam does.
15.I have got two tickets _________Jolin's concert tonight.
Would you like to go there with me?A. to B. with C. of D. For
16.I think I will ________ fishing as a hobby after I retire in a few years.
A. take up B.take off C.take out D.take away
Please help__________to cook some chicken, Jack.Our guests are coming soon.A. yourself B. you C. me D. Yourselves
They had a pleasant chat ____________a cup of coffee.A. for B.with C.during D.over
19.Mr Brown is an experienced teacher and he will teach_______English this term.
A. your B. yours C. yourselves D. You
Would you like some tea or coffee?__________.A Yes, I'd love to. B No, thanks. C Tea, please D All of them.
How did Phelps become so good? He was born with the body of a _________(swim)
1. ---How are you going to meet your aunt at the airport _____ Thursday morning?
---I’m going there _____ my car.
A. on, in B. on, by C. in, by D. in, in
解析：具体某日的早、午、晚要用介词on，by car，by后无冠词或代词，in one’s car，in后有冠词或介词。
2. _____ big success the film was! A. What an B. What a C. How a D. How
解析：success,pleasure等抽象名词前若有形容词修饰，要加冠词a/an。3. ______ the teachers in their school is about 200 and one fourth(四分之一) of them are
________ teachers.A. A number of; women B. A number of; womanC. The number of; women D. The number of; woman
解析：a number of“许多……”，the number of“……的数量”，两者后都接可数名词复数，名词前有woman或man限定，变复数要两者都变。
4.A lot of enjoyment is given _______many people.
A.at B.for C.to D.with
5.You should do more ____.Don”t always be at the desk doing your _____.
A.exercise,exercises B.exercises,exercises C.exercise,exercise D.exercises,exercise
6.The police ________the suspect at that time.
A.is watching B.are watching C.was watching D.were watching
7.Videos like this one _______anywhere.
A.is seen B.sees C.are seen D.saw
8. _________ useful piece of information you have got!
A. What B. What a C. How D. What an
9. My teacher told me not to come late _________ school again.
A. with B. for C. at D. to
解析：此题是一道易错题，学生容易想到be late for，但此处late为副词，come与to进行搭配。
10. ________ gets the lucky number at the end of the party will be given the new iPad.
A. Those who B. No matter who C Whoever D Anyone
解析：此题是一道易错题，难度较大，考的是主语从句的连接词，适合程度非常好的学生做，需要注意的一是谓语为单数，所以A选项排除，二是名词性从句中no matter who与whoever不相等。
11. Our history teacher told us that the Ming Dynasty_________ for about 275 years in history.
A. has existed B. had existed C. existed D. has been existed
12.The newly built supermarket will ________ from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.in order to bring convenience to customers.A. be opened B. be opening C. open D. be open
13. The little boy’s decided to spend as much time as he _____ _ the elderly.
A. could to help B. can to help C. could helping D. can helping
解析：此题是一道易错题，难度较大，一是要看出as much time as he can为插入语，二是’s为has的缩写，三是spend后接动词的ing形式。
14. ---_________ the students in Class Five to finish the art homework today?
--- No，they don’t have to.
A. Ought B. Should C. Must D. Have
解析：此题是一道易错题，学生容易看到don’t have to就选must却没有注意到句中有个to。
15. – Lucy, how do you like the latest movie Life of Pi (《少年派的奇幻漂流》)?
-- Very impressive. It can’t be _________. The director must have put great effort into the film.
any worse B. any better C. so bad D. the best
16. It is unfair that such a nice person like Jane ______ lose her job. She works so hard!
A. can B. may C. should D. Shall
17. – What do you think of the concert today?
-- Great! _________ but a genius could perform so successfully.
None B. All C. Everybody D. Anybody
18.The balloon Li Ming's father has just bought him is ______ mine.
A. as three times big as B. three times the size of
C. three times big as D. as three times the size of
19.This book is ______ for a seven-year-old boy to read
A. Too much difficult B. much too difficult
C. Too more difficult D. more too difficult
解析：此题需给学生区分一下too many、too much、much too的用法。
20.By the end of next year, another new gym _________ in Shanghai.
A. had been built B. has been built C. would be built D. will be built
解析：“by + 过去的时间”后用过去完成时，此种用法常见一些，但“by + 将来的时间”后用将来完成时的用法稍微少见一些，此处让学生明白其中的联系，by后用完成时，用那一完成时由by后的截止时间决定。
21.In some parts of London, missing a bus means _______ for another hour.
A. waiting B. to wait C. wait D. to be waiting
解析：此处需给学生区分mean to do“打算做某事”与mean doing“意味着做某事”。
22.The pilot asked all the passengers on board to remain _______ as the plane was making a landing.
A. seat B. seating C. seated D. to be seating
解析：be seated = remain seated此时seated为形容词“坐着的”，remain属于系动词“保持”。
23.The enemy had no way out but __________
A. surrender B. surrendering C. to surrender D. surrendered
解析：have no way but to do“别无他法只能做……”，此处but译为“除了……”，可给学生讲前无do后有to的规律。
24.The telephone is out of order and requires_________
A. to be repaired B. to repair C. to be repairing D. being repaired
解析：require“需要”与need用法相同，require/need doing“……需要被做”主动表被动，等于require/need sth to be done“需要……被做”。
25.The students were made ______ football in the playground by the heavey rain.
A. not playing B. didn’t play C. not play D. not to play
26.Is there_____ to make fun?
A. enough some interesting thing
B. enough anything interesting
C. something interesting enough
D. anything interesting enough
27. _____ important news is in our daily life!
A. What an
B. What a
28. Alice _____ to answer the question that was _____ by the teacher.
29. Maguerite, along with her friends _____ just _____ to Beijing, capital of China.
-Since nearly two years ago.
A. have ..been
本题一考主谓一致along with , with , except , but ,like等谓语与其前面的名词一致，二考have been to“去过……”与have gone to“去了……”的区别，
30. Great Wall today is much more beautiful than before. Mr. Black said he, with his family, would visit it fourth time.
The, a B. /, the C. /, a D. The, the
解析：此题考冠词的用法，一是含普通名词的专有名词必须加定冠词the，二是序数词前加不定冠词比如a fourth time表示再一次。
31.Taking a walk after supper is of to all of us.
much help B. many help C. great helping D. Helpful
解析：be of +名词=形容词，be of much help = very helpful。
32.These girls will become when they graduate from medical college.
woman doctors B. women’s doctors
C. women doctors D. men doctors
33.The room in the hotel is all right, the terrible room service.
besides B. except C. except for D. except that
解析：区分besides、 except 、except for 、except that四者，besides包含所除去的内容，except 不包含所除去的内容，except for美中不足所除去的内容不为同一类，except that后面接句子。
34.He suggested that she another day.
come B. comes C. came D. will come
解析：本题考suggest当“建议”讲时的虚拟用法：suggest that （should） do。
35.All the crowns are made gold and jewels. The collection is 12 crowns which belong to the British royal family.
of, consisted of B. from, made up of
C. of, made up of D. from, consisted of
解析：一是区分be made of 与be made from“由……制成”，前者能看得出原材料，后者看不出原材料；二是区分be made up of 与consist of“由……组成”，后者通常不用于被动语态。
36.In space, they made him captain of the spacecraft.
/; / B. the; / C. /;the D. the;the
37.Ten eggs by the biggest hen in the past two weeks.
have been lain B. have been laid
C. were laid D. were lain
38.What parents say and do at home will have a great impact __________ their children.
A. of B. on C. in D. to
解析：have impact on “对……有影响”= have effect on，这个词组阅读量少的同学一般没见过，但在阅读文章中也会出现，可让成绩比较好的孩子积累一下。
39.Although he__________ lives on the __________ island, he doesn’t feel __________ at all.
A. lonely, alone, lonely B. alone, lonely, lonely
C. alone, lonely, alone D. lonely, lonely, alone
40.Having the __________ mind will be a great help to your future occupation, whatever you __________.A. imaginary, make up B. imaginary, take upC. imaginative, make up D. imaginative, take up
解析：imaginary“想象的”，imaginative“富有想象力的”，make up“化妆，编造”，take up“从事，占据”。
41.What you did __________ wrong. How could you take away what __________ to others?A. proved, belonged B. was proved, was belongedC. proved, was belonged D. was proved, belonged
解析：prove “证明”+ adj，但be proved to be + adj，belong to“属于”没有被动语态。
42.I don’t think my new roommate is a person hard __________. At least, he is always willing to do his share of the housework whenever __________ to.A. to deal with, is asked B. to deal with, asked C. to be dealt with, is asked D. to be dealt with, asked
解析：hard(adj) to do做后置定语，whenever he is asked省略he is。
42.The little boy was interested in watching the stars in the sky ________ a clear night.
A) in B) on C) at D) by
43.The old man lives ______ in a _____place, and she feels very_________
A) alone, lonely, lonely B) alone, alone, lonely
C) alone, lonely, alone D) lonely, alone, lonely
44. — I ________ stay up late.
— Really? I didn’t. But I_________ working at night.
A) am used to, am used to B) used to, am used to
C) am used to, used to D) used to, used to
解析：use几种用法的区别，易错，used to“过去常常做……”，常用于表过去与现在的对比；be used to do“被用于做……”；be used for“被用于……”；be used to doing“习惯于……”。
1. Please show me your tickets and I will lead you to your . (sit)
2. Jacky happened to meet his old friend on his way to a ___________ company this morning. (remove)
3. Some people lack positive energy and they have been used to ___________ about everything that they are not satisfied with. (complaint)
解析：此题需注意识别出是use的be used to doing“习惯于做……”的句型而不是be used to do“被用来做……”的句型。
4. The police brought the innocent people to ___________ and they caught the criminal at last. (save)
解析：此题需识别出是bring sb to sp 而不是动词不定式to do 结构。
5. Smoked fish is the restaurant’s _______. (special)
6.Of all the girls, Linda sings . So she never joins any singing groups.（terrible）
答案：the most terribly
7.Listening to music us to feel relaxed.（able)
8.It is absolutely right that a good detective never jumps to____________. (conclusion)
解析：jump to conclusions“贸然决定”，这个词程度的好的需要积累。
9.We’re got ready to____________ the unknown world with everything we have. (cover)
10.At last, Jack was ____ to be innocent because the lawyer had found further proof. ( proof )
解析：be proved to be +adj“被证明……”。
11.The students have reached different ____ based on their own research. ( conclude )
12.Whether he will go ____ on your decision. ( independent )
13.The judges have promised in public to carry out their duties ________. (faith)
14.At the end of last month,they _____money to the poor children in Yunnan.(donate)
解析：at the end of last month为一般过去时的时间状语，by the end of last month为过去完成时的时间状语。
1. My uncle has planned to visit National Museum of China with me this summer. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ your uncle planned to visit with you this summer?
2. Lisa was unhappy about the result. (改为反意疑问句)
Lisa was unhappy about the result, __________ __________?
3. Do you save any paper in your office every day? (改为被动语态)
________ any paper ________ in your office every day?
4. The little dog was as heavy as the cat. (保持原句意思)
The little dog __________ as __________ as the cat.
5. Mr. Black is a tall thin man with a pair of glasses. (划线部分提问)
_____ does Mr. Black _____ ______?
答案：What look like
6.The scientists left his hometown two years ago.(保持句意不变)
The scientists has ________ ________ from his hometown for two years.